- This event has passed.
C.O.A.C.H. Training Course – Bulgaria
June 3, 2019 - June 9, 2019
Coaching is the process of helping another person to perform at the peak of his or her abilities. Coaching emphasizes generative change, concentrating on defining and achieving specific goals. C.O.A.C.H. is a 5-day long training course for youth workers to learn about, practice and develop own methods of coaching. Coaching is a tool for empowerment and clear and effective communication. It takes integrity, leadership and creativity to be a good facilitator and trainer and coaching is the must-have method and tool for every youth worker, trainers, leader and activist.
What is C.O.A.C.H.?
C.O.A.C.H. is an abbreviation for Creative Opportunities, Attitudes, Cooperation and Holistic method, where we train, develop and master our own communication and coaching style. The contemporary trends of training and development, youth work and working with those facing a situation of NEETs, or fewer opportunities, requires new standards and approaches. What was working 5-10-15 years ago in the field of outreach and grass-root youth work is now new and different. Competences like inclusion, participation and entrepreneurship are important, yet some attitudes are missing to make them work. What prevails is contextual design of experience where knowledge and skill are trainable, competences attainable, yet attitudes are what makes the difference.
In this training course we will work on:
- Establishing understanding of what is communication;
- Defining where and how coaching happens;
- Practicing and training basic coaching skills;
- Further development of personal coaching method;
- Putting it all together in a holistic way;
- Steps to put in order all our competences;
- Mastering personal coaching method.
This training is practical and effective. It only happens by doing it. And now we invite you to challenge your own competences and to allow yourself to learn and expand. The training is designed as a whole 6-day coaching session. There will be real case studies and practice in different groups. The method is tested and it works with youth workers, leaders, trainers, coaches and learning facilitators because of it’s practical utilization. Last, but not least, it is based on the work and experience of leading business coaches and the methods of: ontological coaching, non-violent communication, NLP, embodiment, feedback (giving and receiving), questioning, heuristic solutions, distinctions, active listening.
The program is well-designed and balanced based on the Kolb’s learning cycle. Hand-outs, input and bibliographical references will be provided.
The objectives of the training are the following:
- Learn and Practice coaching;
- Define where, how and what works for you in coaching;
- Develop your own method;
- Understand basics about human brain and neurology;
- Learn 7 techniques to boost your communication and cooperation skills;
- Stronger conversation, questioning and observation skills;
- Work with and Discover how body relates to experience;
- Detect and handle resistance;
- Identify own limitations and transform them into advantages;
- Benefit from the opportunity to coach and be coached;
- Make a quality jump in the competences of communication and cooperation;
- Explore, Learn and Practice inclusion, participation and creativity in a new holistic way.
Who should apply?
Youth workers with proven track record of involvement in an NGO as well as:
- Interested in communication, cooperation, creativity and leadership;
- Working with NEETs and fewer opportunity youth;
- Working on youth participation;
- Willing to expand their professional competences of inclusion, participation, cooperation, creativity, entrepreneurship and initiative, involvement and participation of youth, including those with fewer opportunities; leadership, communication, teamwork, design thinking, problem solving;
- 22 years old and older;
- Able to use English as a working language.
How to apply?
You can find more information about the application process on the following link: http://abroadship.org/training-course-c-o-a-c-h-training-course-bulgaria/. The deadline for submitting the application form is 5th April 2019!
What are the participation fees?
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.Your sending National Agency will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
If you have any inquiries about this training course, please contact Milen Petkov at email@example.com.
We wish you success in the application process! 😉