- This event has passed.
Training Course – MINDSET OF YOUTH WORKERS in supporting learning through youth mobilities – Netherlands
May 2, 2019 - May 8, 2019
…be an example of a good learner,
…make learning a priority,
…create a good learning environment,
…balance both, group and individual learning needs,
…support reflection processes of young people,
…ask ‘good’ questions to raise participants’ awareness to their ‘hidden’ competences,
…support young people to get empowered and express their own learning meaningfully, and
…and many more questions come up when you work with young people in mobilities!
We want to offer the opportunity to look behind, to reflect and experience our mindsets! Mindsets, we understand in the classical etymological way as ‘habits of mind formed by previous experience’ – see whether ‘we walk the talk’ and ‘which walk do we talk’ and which areas needs reflection, discussion and exchange!
The overall aim of this training course is to reflect on the mindset of youth workers and exchange, discuss and challenge youth workers about competencies they need for supporting young people’s development in youth mobility and furthermore. This will be based on drawing from successful youth mobility experiences and will lead to discuss measures for systematic change in youth worker education and training, to be better prepared! The detailed objectives are:
• to discover and discuss practices and impact of successful learning experiences and supported/facilitated learning processes in youth mobilities,
• to discuss what supports learning in mobility’s (learning environment, process etc.) and what is the mindset of the youth workers related to it,
• to discuss how to empower and enable the competence development of young people in appropriate ways (with a specific focus on the use of it in the young person’s daily life and reality),
• to supporting meaningful expressions of gained competence through youth mobilities,
• To focus on youth worker as a learner and develop youth workers competences through the “Youthworker Competence Model to work internationally”.
Who should apply?
If you are consider yourself as youth worker coming from any of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries, you are eligible to apply!
How to apply?
You can find more information about the application process on the following link: http://abroadship.org/training-course-mindset-of-youth-workers-in-supporting-learning-through-youth-mobilities-netherlands/. The deadline for submitting the application form is 5th March 2019!
What are the participation fees?
Please contact the National Agency in your country for information about the participation fee and reimbursement of travel costs. The Dutch National Agency will pay the costs for the training, accommodation and food. Please contact the National Agency in your country for information about the participation fee and reimbursement of travel costs.
If you have any about this training course, please contact Marrie Kortenbosch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck in the application process! 🙂