Call for coordinator
Are you a young SRHR advocate?
Are you ambitious?
Did you manage projects before?
Are you good at managing your time?
Join us and become the Coordinator of YouAct! We are the European Youth Network on Sexual and Reproductive Rights and we are looking for a part-time network coordinator.
Who are we & what do we have to offer?
YouAct is a European youth network actively working towards the realization of the sexual and reproductive rights of young people. The strategies the network employs towards achieving this are: advocacy, training and awareness-raising.
We have approximately 20 individual members in 17 countries from across the Council of Europe who work on a voluntary basis. YouAct offers an international, dynamic and challenging working environment, where we stimulate young people to build their capacity and youth leadership and participation in decision making processes. In order to continue our work we are looking for a part-time network coordinator (approximately 12 – 20 hours per week).
What do we need?
The network is working to strengthen its sustainability through organizational development and therefore the following skills are of essential value for coordinating the network:
- Strategic and analytical skills to initiate and undertake fundraising and help realize the sustainability of the network
- A broad range of organizational skills including general planning, administration and running the secretariat of the network
- Ability to actively communicate on different levels, varying from e-mail exchange, written reports, face to face meetings, negotiation & lobby and networking to promote the organizational mission
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with people of different cultural backgrounds, interacting mostly through online platforms
- Experience in project management with a thorough understanding of financial reporting and budgeting
- An excellent team player, and the ability to work on own initiative
We are looking for somebody with…
- Preferred academic background in Social or Political Sciences, Law (Human Rights) or Development, however extensive knowledge gained through experience is equally valued
- Experience of working in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR)
- At least two years experience in a non-governmental organization
- Fluent in English, other European language(s) are a plus
- Strong communications and negotiation skills, including written formal and informal communication, public speaking, presentations, networking etc.
- IT skills including standard MS-office applications, additional IT knowledge, i.e. website management is a plus
- Fundraising experience, especially in multi-country projects
- Comprehensive understanding of a human rights-based approach to sexual and reproductive health and rights,
- Project management/coordination, especially of projects funded through European mechanisms such as the European Commission grants
- Commitment to promoting the empowerment of young people through meaningful youth participation, preferably with previous experience engaging young people
- Ability to travel within Europe a few times per year
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed (due to partnerships with organizations in other time zones, some work is required out of normal working hours)
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, January 28th 2018. Kindly note that your cover letter should indicate the names and contact details of 2 referees.
In your cover letter, please specify your expectations for an hourly consultant rate.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to write to us at email@example.com!
The call can be found on our website here. We appreciate you sharing it within your networks!
All the best,
The YouAct Steering Committee
European Youth Network on Sexual and Reproductive Rights