OPEN UP FOR DIALOGUE – Active youth educational program
February 1 - October 31
Open up for dialogue is not an easy way in our current world. Do you feel that something has to be done in your community, but you miss the right inspiration of how to do it? Are you courageous and motivated for new approaches? Bring all your visions and join us for intensive Active youth educational program. Experience joy of learning, feel and share all the stories behind.
Entire program “Open up for dialogue” consists of two training seminars, tour and granting program for young leaders, activists and church leaders. Main goal is to address social topics such as migration, minorities, housing (SDG11), prevention of radicalization, tolerance, inter-cultural understanding, inter-religious dialogue and anti-discrimination. The training program will build capacities of participants and inspire them to create new initiatives and activities that can be used when working with youth in their communities.
During the exchange tour, you will visit different organizations and initiatives focusing on work with refugees, migration, minorities, religious diversity and deradicalization. Gained knowledge and skills could be reinforced by granting program in which participants can initiate their own plans and activities within their communities. A documentary movie will track experiences of participants during the whole program to save stories of the real plight of refugees, inter-faith cooperation, and how to work for tolerance and finding hope for a new future in Europe.
Who can apply?
- Young leaders, church leaders, activists and active members of European youth organizations coming from Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia with strong connections to local communities and associations;
- Ready and committed to share experiences and cultivate local and national media connections to disseminate content, to volunteer during the trip and to reach out to other minorities in their communities, share the new knowledge with the members of his/her organization/communities, having interest in implementing a cross-border project;
- Prior experiences and active involvement in community and civil society needed;
- Willing to act as a multiplier;
- Age 18-30;
- English proficiency is obligatory;
- Motivated to take an active part in all the stages of the Active youth educational program “Open up for dialogue” and commit to attend the entire duration of the course by signing binding statement.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you must fill in the application form on the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdALDGFa44A3UN8kOIFN2oSmfmYjB1JeTrTkzzPwRdxYRXgRg/viewform. To deadline to submit the application form is 6th January 2019.
What are the benefits from your participation?
- Board and accommodation for these actions will be covered by the hosting organization;
- Travel costs will be reimbursed for the cheapest and direct way of transport from capital of country of origin to the meeting place;
- Obligatory participation fee is 80 EUR, which will be returned after successful completion of the program.
For more information, please visit the official website: https://pdcs.sk/sk/?ct=t%28Olovrant+12.4.2018_COPY_01%29.
Good luck in the application process! 🙂