- This event has passed.
PACE – Peace Action Cooperation in Europe
November 27, 2017 - December 1, 2017
Long term Training Course PACE aims to enhance the competences of youth educators and peer educators in planning, implementing and evaluating educational short-term activities on peace education in order to empower young people to become change makers.
The overall aim of the project are:
– To qualify youth educators and peer educators in planning, delivering and evaluating educational programmes on peace education for young people
– To enable the participants to design educational materials and activities for peace education programmes for young people
– To enable the participants to realise educational activities for young people on peace education on community or international level
– To trigger transnational partnerships on peace education among youth organisations
In order to reach these objectives, PACE is composed of the following core activities:
– a training course on peace education
– a 3,5 months period during which the participants implement education activities on peace education with young people in their communities or at international level
– an evaluation seminar reviewing with the participants their conducted workshops at community level
The participant profile is the following:
• knowledge and understanding of peacebuilding and conflict transformation
• Knowledge about the specific conflict context in their communities
• Work experience and current involvement in a NGO working with young people by educational means on community level
• Have led at least 3 local or international educational programme (youth exchange, workshop, etc.) for young people
• Motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a highly intercultural setting
• Good level of English to follow the course and to contribute to it
The whole proces will consist of three phases:
1. 27.11.2017 – 1.12.2017 – stationery training course, Georgia
2. 2.12.2017 – 20.03.2018 – preparation and implementation of local projects
3. 20-23. 03.2018 – evaluation meeting, Warsaw, Poland.
Participating fully in the entire training programme is obligatory.
For more information here.