- This event has passed.
PACE – Peace Action Cooperation in Europe
October 15, 2017
Long term Training Course PACE aims to enhance the competences of youth educators and peer educators in planning, implementing and evaluating educational short-term activities on peace education in order to empower young people to become change makers.
The overall aim of the project are:
– To qualify youth educators and peer educators in planning, delivering and evaluating educational programmes on peace education for young people
– To enable the participants to design educational materials and activities for peace education programmes for young people
– To enable the participants to realise educational activities for young people on peace education on community or international level
– To trigger transnational partnerships on peace education among youth organisations
In order to reach these objectives, PACE is composed of the following core activities:
– a training course on peace education
– a 3,5 months period during which the participants implement education activities on peace education with young people in their communities or at international level
– an evaluation seminar reviewing with the participants their conducted workshops at community level
The participant profile is the following:
• knowledge and understanding of peacebuilding and conflict transformation
• Knowledge about the specific conflict context in their communities
• Work experience and current involvement in a NGO working with young people by educational means on community level
• Have led at least 3 local or international educational programme (youth exchange, workshop, etc.) for young people
• Motivation to take part in a mutual learning process in a highly intercultural setting
• Good level of English to follow the course and to contribute to it
The whole proces will consist of three phases:
1. 27.11.2017 – 1.12.2017 – stationery training course, Georgia
2. 2.12.2017 – 20.03.2018 – preparation and implementation of local projects
3. 20-23. 03.2018 – evaluation meeting, Warsaw, Poland.
Participating fully in the entire training programme is obligatory.
For more information here.