- This event has passed.
Training course – “Perform and film it for a future peace”
October 1, 2018 - October 9, 2018
Apply for a training course about using performances and short movies as a tool for reconciliation and advocacy against extremism in Western Balkans!
The overall objective of this project is to train representatives of youth society organizations, schools, informal youth groups from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Macedonia to use performance and short movies in public places and the Internet, as a means to draw public attention to the rising extremism, xenophobia and fascism in WB and Europe. These techniques are attractive to young people, but also for the public and the media. They can be used without any costs and provide a viable alternative to traditional techniques to raise awareness, such as expensive media campaigns.
When is the training course being held?
– 1st training – 1st to 9th of October 2018, 1st presentation in Tuzla, on 8th of October 2018, presentations in Kukes and Skopje in October or November (it will be decided)
Where is the training course being held?
– TCs will be hosted in Serbia, Sremski Karlovci and presentations in Tuzla, Kukes and Skopje
During the project, trainers, youth workers and volunteer coordinators will learn, test and implement innovative practices in the field of youth by using street performances and short-videos. Beside innovation, all of the tools are cost effective, sustainable and up to date and can be used on one side in working with young people and on the other to influence public opinion, attract media and provide alternative campaigning techniques.
The seven days training course will:
– Raise awareness of participants about the rising extremism, xenophobia and fascism in WB and Europe;
– Train participants on how to design, test and implement performances in big events, in the street, public transport and in any place where big number of people are present can be used;
– Train participants on how to set-up, film and promote short films filmed by mobile phones and other digital devices used by young people. Participants will also learn how short video can be used campaigns but also for educational, awareness raising, outreach and documentation purposes.
– Trainers, youth leaders/workers, young people from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia and Serbia (6 participants from each organisation);
– Actively involved in a youth organization and be in a position to bring into effect the learning of the training;
– Be in position of multiplying the outcomes of training;
– Be willing to participate actively;
– Be committed to participate in the whole program, on English;
– Age limit: 18-30.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you have to fill in the application form which you can download through this link: http://psihologija.com.mk/povik-za-uchesnici-na-trenig-vo-srbija/and send it until 5th September 2018.
Good luck in the application process!