- This event has passed.
Training of Facilitators in Erasmus+ Youth III edition
October 16, 2018 - October 24, 2018
If you are willing to learn and improve your competences in facilitation, this is the course you are looking for!
Welcome to the third edition of ToF – Training of Facilitators in Erasmus+ Youth. It is an opportunity for newcomers to get and introduction about techniques, methods and practices in facilitation within the Erasmus+ Youth programme.
We have detected a lack of experience and / or knowledge by trainers, technicians and multipliers of the program on facilitation techniques. Many of them don’t know exactly the difference between facilitation and training. Facilitation is certainly a great tool in non-formal education that promotes active participation, peer learning and continuous reflection as qualitative elements in any project.
Many trainers and / program facilitators have a lack of techniques, methods, attitudes to facilitate program activities. This course is a basic introduction to the “art” of facilitation techniques, resources, emotions and attitudes. The main aim of this TC is to offer to newcomers in the facilitation work within the Erasmus+ Youth program the basic knowledge to acquire skills, tools and resources to facilitate activities.
– The main objective of the training is to increase the quality of facilitation in all
activities undertaken within the framework of Erasmus + Youth program;
– Providing basic skills in group facilitation process;
– Discuss and implement facilitation techniques;
– Provide tools and resources to facilitate activities within the Erasmus+ Youth program;
– Enhancing cooperation and exchange of experiences and best practices among the course participants.
The methodology of the TC is based in the active participation, self-reflection and self-directed learning. We will offer space to reinforce the cooperation among the participants and the exchange of ideas, creativity and resources.
The main contents of the TC will be:
– What is facilitation? Concept of facilitation
– What is not facilitation?
– Our experiences in facilitation. From theory to practice.
– Group management
– Group dynamics
– Facilitation styles
– Communication techniques
– How to promote the group participation
– How to manage difficulties and challenges in the facilitation
– Conflict management
– Assessing our strengths and weaknesses.
– Searching resources and tools for facilitation.
– Reflection spaces.
– Practice facilitation exercises
– Assessment and guidance to the practice exercises.
How to apply?
Apply by filling the application form: https://www.salto-youth.net/tools/european-training-calendar/application-procedure/8102/. The deadline for submitting the application form is 5th September 2018.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.