- This event has passed.
Training Course – The Power of Non Formal Education – Greece
June 11, 2019 - June 16, 2019
Why this Training Course?
– To stimulate the participants to feel and reflect about the power of non-formal education (NFE) by experimenting different kind of non-formal educational methods;
– To analyze the role and reception of NFE in our different countries within a common Europe;
– To discover and debate the European strategy of NFE;
– To fight against the growing consuming approaches towards young people in the non-formal education field;
– To explore meanings, roles and complementarities of different educational approaches and methods (formal, non-formal, informal);
– To reconsider daily youth work practices;
– To understand the principles of program building and NFE within Erasmus + Youth in Action.
How will it be done?
In order to have real impacts, the participants experience an innovative approach, using a full immersion in the experiential learning cycle: doing/ feeling, reflecting, transferring…To have profound impact, we need to go further than classical running of training courses. The participants are encouraged to really build their own training and learning process, supported by a fine tuned pedagogical programme. We consider that this is the condition to understand the real power of NFE.
The pedagogical process
A fundamental flow during the training is based upon:
– Experiencing: different educational settings, different non formal education methods (role play, simulation exercise…)
– Reflecting: on the methods and its impacts, on the power and limits of NFE, on building a pedagogical process…
– Transferring: to the own reality of participants, in order to improve ways of working with young people
– Sharing: different perceptions, current situations and experiences
– Developing: the building capacity of the participants, by including them in the decision process of the project designing (participants will decide some sessions they feel they need to have) but also in the implementation of the program (‘Power to the People’ moments).
Who should apply?
Participants should be at least 18 years old and should have a good level of English.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please visit the following link: http://abroadship.org/training-course-the-power-of-non-formal-education-greece/. The deadline for submitting the application form is 7th April 2019!
What are the participation fees?
This project is financed by the participating NAs of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. The participation fee varies from country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the participation fee for participants from your country.The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.Your sending National Agency will support your travel costs. After being selected, please contact your NA to learn more about how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
If you have any inquiries about this training, please contact Vagia Pappa at email@example.com.
We wish you success in the application process! 🙂