- This event has passed.
Training Course – Youth Engagement Into Activism, How To? – Bulgaria
March 6, 2019 - March 12, 2019
In times of socio-economic crisis, еuroscepticism, populism and growing nationalism, the role of youth workers and educators becomes more and more complex, but important in the same time.
People working directly with youngsters need to be highly qualified and have a different range of competences – knowledge, skills and attitudes. Therefore, training possibilities are on high demand, especially to develop critical thinking on the concepts of politics, democracy and active citizenship and use this knowledge to empower young people and their active participation in their community.
What is the aim of this training course?
The Y.E.A.H. TC aim to develop youth workers competences in the field of Democracy, Active Citizenship and Youth Participation in order to better support the implementation of coherent youth work practices which can promote democratic values and engagement of young people in the society.
What are the objectives of this training course?
– To increase understanding of Democracy and Active Citizenship and the relation between them;
– To experience how individual democratic values function and link them to the society and to democratic practices;
– To bring awareness on how individual values are shadowing democratic practices in the society and how to use them in youth work practices;
– To explore how youth workers use education as a tool for bringing social change;
– To reflect upon activism as a democratic practice among young people and as a potential tool for social change in a democratic society;
– To reflect upon how Democratic Europe should look like in the near future and what can youth workers do in order to support this vision to come true.
Who can participate?
If you are coming from any of the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme countries, you are eligible to apply!
How to apply?
In order to apply, please submit the online application form (on SALTO-YOUTH) available on this link: http://abroadship.org/training-course-youth-engagement-into-activism-how-to-bulgaria/ by 14th January 2019!
Is there any participation fee?
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses. (Note for sending NAs: This activity is financed by TCA 2018). The hosting National Agency of this offer will organise the accommodation and covers the costs for accommodation and food.
If you have any inquiries about this training course, please contact Milen Petkov at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!