Paid Volunteering Opportunity at the UN 2018-19
Fully Funded Volunteering Opportunity at the UN 2018-19
Who: Applicants between the ages of 18 to 55
Where: Different UN agencies around the world
Deadline: Ongoing and Varies
ARE YOU READY TO BECOME AN INTERNATIONAL UN VOLUNTEER?
You can contribute your time, skills and knowledge through volunteering with the UN. Also, this is an opportunity to create a positive impact and be a significant force for achieving peace and development. Make a difference to the lives of many!
UN Volunteer mobilizes volunteers to serve in UN agencies, both in development programs and peacekeeping operations. Its objective is to push the participants to participate in their own development.
Volunteering abroad is an unbeatable opportunity to serve as a global citizen.
International UN Volunteers promote peace and development in communities around the globe.
As a result of that, International UN Volunteers come from 160 countries, representing many cultures and backgrounds. They bring a wide variety of perspectives and approaches which lends a dynamism to the experience.
Your international UN Volunteer assignment will make a lasting impact. Above all, it will create a ripple effect that extends far beyond the immediate results of your efforts – both for the people you serve and yourself.
You will work actively with United Nations development and peacekeeping partners and within communities, responding to development priorities and needs in countries facing poverty and socio-economic challenges, humanitarian crises, conflict and post-conflict situations and those of fragile peace.
Through your expertise, you will enable the effective delivery of programs and mandates of partner United Nations entities. Finally, you will have a lifetime experience with benefits that will change your life!
The selected applicants shall gain:
- Volunteer living allowance that shall cover basic expenses
- Travel expenses
- Settling-in-grant, which is calculated on the duration of assignment and paid at the beginning of the assignment
- Life, health and permanent disability insurances
- Annual leave
- Resettlement allowance, which is calculated based on the duration of assignment and paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment
The applicants have to be:
- between the ages of 18 to 55
- have at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
- fluent in English, Spanish or French