Wellcome Foundation: Intermediate Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Deadline: 30 November 2017
The Wellcome Foundation is seeking applications for its “Intermediate Fellowships in Public Health and Tropical Medicine” to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at a local, national and global level.
This scheme helps mid-career researchers from low- and middle-income countries establish independent research programmes in those countries.
- An Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine is for up to five years and cannot be renewed. It can be held on a part-time basis. Support includes:
- a basic salary (determined by their host organisation)
- personal removal expenses
- research expenses, directly related to proposal
- Applicant can also apply for public engagement funds to involve the public in their research and inspire learning.
Applicants can apply for an Intermediate Fellowship in Public Health and Tropical Medicine if they:
- are a national of a low- or middle-income country
- have a PhD or a degree in medicine and are qualified to enter higher specialist training
- have significant research experience
- have made important contributions to their area of research eg publications, patents, software development or an impact on health policy or practice.
- If applicants don’t have a PhD or degree in medicine, they may still consider applicants if they have a first or Master’s degree and can show substantial research experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo ,Kyrgyz Republic , Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania , Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea , Philippines, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia
For more information, please visit Wellcome Foundation.